Hello, I wanted to continue on showing you how to create different edges using your Silhouette Studio. So today I am going to show a tutorial in creating your own scallop edge.
It is very similar to creating the stamp edge border. The main step that is different is that you don’t use the subtract tool and use the weld tool instead
- Start my making a square or any shape you want you want the scallop on
- Create a bunch of small circles, copy and pasting them is the best way keep the scallops all the same size.
- Space the circles as close as you like for a tighter scallop. Select all your circles and Align Center and then Space Vertically, I like to group them together so they are easier to work with
- Now place the circles over your square edge and align them however you like
- Select all the shapes, circles and the square, and then weld them together
- And now you have your scalloped edge
Before welding the circles you can make the scallop size larger by just selecting the circles and dragging one of the points and expand to your liking.
If you want to extend the length of the scallop but do not want to change the size of the scallop I would just duplicate the circles, before welding – Step 5, and then move them so that they are in one continuous line. And then move them over your shape and you will most likely need to trim off the the extras with the Knife tool. This is the only way that I know of doing this.